Beginning/Intermediate/Advanced Dog Care and Training
The project helps members explore how to be an excellent trainer and caretaker of their dog. By working alongside their furry friends, the members establish confidence, leadership skills, and responsibility all while getting to have fun with their dog. In the project, members will learn about the following:
• Dog breeds and how to identify their characteristics.
• The responsibilities of dog ownership.
• Demonstrate dog care and management in feeding, handling, record keeping, and grooming
• Learn about dog health: nutrition, diseases, and vaccinations.
• Obedience training such as heel, recall, about turns, long sit, long down, stand for examination, and